Graphic Designer — Part Time/20 hours a week
Are you a graphic designer with a proven track record of providing creative solutions for a variety of marketing challenges? Do you like to get your hands dirty in multiple mediums, including print and digital solutions?
Creative Force is looking for a graphic designer that is competent with design aesthetics and creative strategy and has the technical chops to implement designs into multiple platforms. It’s difficult to know all of the design and production tools that are available, but the right candidate will be eager to learn.
- Design a variety of marketing materials for B2B and B2C clients to be presented across all forms of media (print and digital).
- Create design concepts from strategic briefs
- Edit existing design files to update upon client request
- Layout and preparation of electronic files to create materials in both print and electronic form
- Manage a pipeline of assigned projects
- Ensure that quality work is being completed and delivered on time
- Ensure that the final product adheres to brand / creative guidelines and standards of the company, properties, etc.
- Track project status and provide updates via centralized process instituted by the Design Manager
- Manage revisions to the work as needed
- Ability to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in graphic design
- Strong creative portfolio that demonstrates strategic thinking, skill, style and experience
- Proficient on MAC with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of how to prepare design files for print in the native program (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Knowledge of various color builds and file types used in print and digital
- Strong design and layout skills for full-page and multi-page publications
- Strong conceptual skills with the ability to participate in and contribute to brainstorming activities for branding programs
- Strong presentation, verbal, visual, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Be resourceful—If you don’t know how to do it, you’re willing to do what it takes to figure it out
- Have a basic understanding of website design and structure
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Ability to design, or willingness to learn, within other apps when a client has such needs (Power Point, Excel, Word, and Acrobat)
- Familiarity with email marketing programs (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Ability to work in WordPress, or strong desire to learn
- Experience in social media marketing
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
About Creative Force
Creative Force is a boutique creative communications firm, located in Winston-Salem, NC. We provide branding, print and web design services to B2B, B2C, and nonprofit organization. We produce one-of-a-kind marketing materials (in print and digital mediums) that help our customers stand apart from the competition and achieve their goals. We focus on creative output that is effective in its purpose.